Event - Inter-Parliamentary Relations: Missing Links?18 September 2020 - by Anna Mercer
Stratagem is delighted to be supporting the Institute of Welsh Affairs with the launch of their report on inter-parliamentary relations, "Missing Links".
With the controversy around the Internal Market Bill, and with some Executive Ministers joining forces with their Scottish and Welsh counterparts to express concern at some aspects of the bill, inter-parliamentary relations are featuring highly on the political agenda this week.
As part of the report, IWA is hosting a series of discussion events which kick off on Tuesday 22 September with a UK-wide panel debate exploring how we can devise new ideas and models to improve inter-parliamentary relations in the future.
- Sir Paul Silk KCB, Member, Steering Committee of the Constitution Reform Group (Chair)
- Liz Saville Roberts MP, Group Leader, Plaid Cymru
- Sir Bernard Jenkin MP, Chairman of the Liaison Committee, Conservative Party
- Prof. Deirdre Heenan, School of Applied Social and Policy Science, Ulster University
- Peter Wishart MP, Chair of the Scottish Affairs Committee, Scottish National Party
- Mick Antoniw MS, Chair of Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee, Welsh Labour
The online event takes place on Tuesday 22 September at 12.00-13.45, and tickets are available here.