Job Opportunity: Public Affairs Consultant20 November 2020 - by Gráinne Walsh
We are looking for a Public Affairs Consultant to join our growing Belfast team.
Stratagem is part of the Connect Group, which is a top 100 UK PR agency and one of the UK’s main specialists in public affairs and corporate communications. We are a fast-growing team of 35 consultants with offices in London and Belfast, and a diverse range of clients including FTSE 100 companies, leading trade bodies, public sector organisations, trade unions, coalitions and charities.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for an individual with experience in public affairs, politics or communications who want to use their skills to support Stratagem’s clients across sectors including environment, energy, business, health, transport and public policy, with potential to progress through the company.
They will be managing several client accounts, advising on political engagement and communications strategies across local and central government, from Belfast to London, Dublin to Brussels, supported by a dynamic and expert team with experience in politics, business and the VCSE sector.
The successful candidate will be:
- Expert in NI politics with a strong understanding of political and decision-making processes in London, Dublin and at local government level;
- Dynamic and highly flexible, able to juggle a range of clients, issues and priorities;
- A team player, able to work with colleagues with different work styles
- A self-starter, and highly motivated, able to use initiative to deliver strong consultancy support for clients;
- Entrepreneurial, able to grow client income and win new business;
- Confident in media (including social media) relations and able to support clients to gain or manage media coverage and reputation;
- Strong writing skills, able to produce compelling content for reports, proposals, and client outputs such as correspondence, briefings and press articles.
- Salary range £24,000-£34,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory holidays) pro-rata, increasing after two and five years respectively to 28 and 30 days;
- Working across Belfast and London team;
- Bonus Scheme;
- Generous Pension Scheme;
- Smartphone and Surface Pro laptop;
- Flexible working hours.
Closing Date: Midday, Wednesday 9 December 2020
Interview Dates: Interviews will take place on Wednesday 16 December, and candidates will be notified of whether they have been selected for interview by Friday 11 December. We reserve the right to conduct a second interview if required.
Application Details: Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter, outlining their suitability for the role, and send to Clare Forker, Finance and Corporate Services Manager.
If you are have any further questions, please send us an email or call 028 90 872 800.